Kitchen Update

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I seldom get on the computer these days.
It's way harder than phone internetting.
But worth it.
So hey, there old friend.
Let's catch up, shall we?

Rewind to February. We had saved enough to start renovating our hideous 90's kitchen. I was pumped. I was ready. Pinterest was about to pay off in a big way.

Enter the frightening "Before"






Just days into our renovation, however, our main sewer line backed up and flooded the house.
{insert puke-face emoji}

Three. Months. Later work started back in the kitchen.
Sadly, however, our budget had taken a hit.
My wood floors would have to wait.
No nice shiny new appliances either.
Budget cuts out the wazoo.
Real life. Real adulting.

Our kitchen reno is going to be more of a two-stage process now.
As in this year
and maybe-if-we-get-to-it next year.
Because (surprise) we're having another baby!! 
Yep, timing is everything.
And morning sickness during construction carnage is just as awesome as it sounds.

Here's where we are now. Completely unstaged and real-life-d up for you.
 Because who reads blogs to see pretty pictures?






To be honest, it drives me bananas having to wait to finish the project. 
Looking at those floors every day is like a perpetual stab in the eye. 
but I deal.
adulting is still hard 
but perspective is a funny thing. 
you get a little and a lot changes.
so I choose to see what's awesome
and you know what,
I think we can all agree we're off to a good start. 

















David hated the brass pulls at first but
I think he's starting to get it now.
The man wore pleated, tapered pants when I met him. 
Sometimes these things just take time. 





One day I'll use my real camera but for now I'm just jazzed that I remembered how to type with both hands.

progress is slow, my friends. 


1 comment:

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground