Rustic Floral Baby Shower

Friday, November 7, 2014

My kid is napping. Let's see if I can knock this post out before the monster awakes.

A few weekends ago, two friends and I threw a baby shower for our sweet friend, Natalie.
Usually, I like to work alone. I'm a crazy type-A person who has lists for my lists. A real fun gal to plan with, clearly. But my friends Megan and Jenny were amazing. They're each so talented and we pulled off a beautiful afternoon celebration.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the day:

Disclaimer: I did NOT take any of these photos. My friend and co-hostess, Jenny was the photographer and sweetly let me borrow her images. 

  

Jenny is also a crazy-talented artist /designer and made the invites, a video for the special mama, and this crazy gorgeous door sign.
I'm so glad she didn't get a shot of my peeling front door paint.




Megan made all the rosettes and poms. My fingers hurt just thinking about it. Also, my sanity.
basically Megan's a rockstar.


 



I made this menu. and then spent the day staring at it wondering why I write like a boy.
can i have pretty handwriting for christmas?







i was in charge of food and drinkage: simple catered sandwiches, an easy recipe for apple spice caramel corn, a cookie bar and other treats.





I also washi-ed the heck out of the cups and made glitter arrows for the straws.
i'm obsessed with straws.














I made the floral heart with carnations and, you guessed it, more washi tape.
i kinda love how it turned out. i kept it up for days until the flowers totally wilted and dried. even then i might have kept it up longer if david didn't threaten me.





I made homemade salted caramel sauce for favors. honestly I was a little nervous about how they would turn out. I made them in the crockpot and couldn't taste test since I pre-sealed the jars.
personally, my jar could have used some extra salt but overall i thought these were so cute.




clearly, the above two were taken by yours truly on my cell as I realized i never got a good shot of them. but i loved the adorable monogram gift tag from tiny prints.








i have a love/hate relationship with this fresh apple cake. it's like crazy delicious but every time i make it {or any bundt cake for that matter} i can't get it out of the pan. this was no exception. the guests arrived and, like any great hostess, i was in the kitchen banging on the pan and cursing like a sailor.
fortunately, jenny called her husband {who's got mad kitchen skills} and his suggestion saved the day.





To check out Jenny's full image gallery, go HERE


Happy Friday, friends.
I'll be back soon with updates on the house and other life things.

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! You can totally throw my baby shower...10 years from now. :P

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground