Unpacking: The gruesome truth

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3 weeks in the new house and I'm fairly certain we're not going to do any more unpacking. evah. Instead, we've learned how to skillfully maneuver each room avoiding cardboard obstacles.
I'm totally over the whole new-home-unpacking excitement. Logic tells me I would benefit from the continued effort but my inner child (the one who cleans her room by shoving everything in the closet and shutting the door) is a bit more bratty. And right now, she's getting her lazy way. 


Suitcases in the living room? 
Yes, we live this way. 
We also let our child roll around on the floor half-naked with the pets too. 
Please feel free to submit any additional lifestyle/parenting questions.




It's not all bad. We're making some progress.
Those suitcases are gone today. By "gone" I mean they're at home in our closets...still not unpacked but not in the middle of our living room anymore either. 
Truthfully, we've had a lot going on lately.



  If you follow my Instagram feed you know that our sweet black lab, Sampson, had to have major surgery last week. He tore a ligament in his knee. There were x-rays and multiple vet visits. a trip to the doggy orthopedic surgeon. Yes there are such things and yes they are just as pricey as they may seem. My mother thinks we're nuts.



So, our house is full of toe-stubbing landmarks right now: boxes, baby/baby items and lame animals. 
It's a jungle out there so Lucas and I put on our game face.

 also, buns foreva! 

In the coming weeks I hope to have a bit more to show you on the home front (I'm researching removable wallpaper) as well as a few Easter recipe(s). I'm itching to bake y'all. Like poison ivy itching.
Yay for spring!


3 comments:

  1. Aw, he's getting so big! And thanks for keeping it real when it comes to moving with a little one. Most day doing a few loads of laundry feels like a huge accomplishment to me, so take as long as you want to unpack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I suggest stolen images for your removable wallpaper resources :P (Thank you for alerting me to that. Now I have to pursue some legal copyright nonsense. People, seriously. What exactly were they selling??)

    Would you want vinyl allover decals? I will make you some. Any shape and size. For real. Just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how cute you all are. I should come visit you. I can steal your Texas warmth and you can steal my obsession with unpacking. I don't sleep for like 3 days after we move. EVERYTHING MUST HAVE A HOME. Just let me know when you'd like me to book my flight.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground