New House Tour

Friday, March 14, 2014

So it's official - We've moved. 


We also haven't showered or slept. 
Well...now we have.
Barely.

Those first few days were rough. We couldn't find our toiletries AND our sweet little angel-baby who was previously sleeping through the night suddenly decided night time = party time. 

With only a few clean clothes and boxes threatening to unhinge my balance at every corner, it was like The Walking Dead here but with a bit more panache. Something more like "zombie superheroes". is that a show? it should be. Zombie Mom - able to leap small piles of who-knows-what in a single (or double) bound. Able to hold her hair back with only tangles and grease. Able to soothe baby after only 3.5 hours of non-stop crying. Able to survive on only Doritos and guacamole. (zombie moms don't eat flesh) 

We're super excited though. You wouldn't know that by all this zombie talk, but we really are. I'm especially anxious to get things out of boxes. I don't care where. I just want to be able to walk without stubbing my toe again.  


let me show you how the new house looked Saturday morning before we unloaded all our stuff. 

entry

I took all these prize-winning shots on my phone. The commentary is also my own. 
Copyright pending.



I was a bit iffy about having the giant TV (David's idea) on the built-in. I wanted it over the fireplace. I thought it would help with balance, symmetry and all that focal-point stuff but I'm coming around to "where-it's-supposed-to-go" land (quotes are The Man's). But maybe I'm just lazy.





I was adamantly opposed to having a 2-storied home. And now we have one. 



The sellers left us those two lovely funeral arrangements. 
I don't have a clue what to do with them or the weird ledges they occupy. but our neighborhood is having a garage sale in a few weeks. I'm thinking these two might be making a grand appearance there. 



Hello, 90's kitchen. 
You have a wonderful layout and I love your natural light. 
But the honey-oak cabinets, argyle backsplash and fluorescent box of horrors I could do without.
And I will. 







Master Bedroom - pretty standard stuff.
But it's a good size, is dark in the morning (big deal), and is already my favorite place to relax.



Lucas and I invite you to the dungeon, aka the master bath. 
This room is actually pretty bright but it was rainy and cold the day we moved in, that's my excuse.
(ps - I still look pregnant here. I'm not.)




This is what things looks like today. 
I'm hoping to be unpacked by the baby's first birthday. maybe. 



Any unpacking tips? 
Who wants to come babysit while I put things away (or nap)? 
Any guesses how long it will actually take? 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! What a gorgeous house! It has such amazing space, and it will be fun to see what you do in the kitchen!

    PS- You look so good! Not pregnant at all. And I want to steal your sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! So much potential! I mean, you can't go wrong with a fluorescent box of horrors. You might want to consider saving those funeral arrangements, though, for when you tear it down.

    ps- I'm glad to hear you don't eat flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You'll make it gorgeous and no 90's horrors will ever be remembered :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground