Nursery Inspiration from Lay Baby Lay

Friday, August 2, 2013

it still freaks me out that I'm about to be a mom. that there's this little life who will depend on me for nearly everything. it's terrifying. I let milk go bad sometimes, y'all. mom's can't do that.

D is really showing me up in the parenting department already. Whereas I can't even seem to pick out items for our registry (or toss milk before it spoils), he's got this big Dudes and Diapers event planned this weekend. It's like a shower for guys. He provides the bbq {and beer} and guys bring diapers. I dig it.

Knowing we'll be having guests this weekend put me back on an organizing streak. My largest challenge has been slowly cleaning out the spare room in our little 2 bedroom rental to make room for baby stuff. We're hoping to make it a semi-functional nursery in the short time we'll be here before buying a new place. Which is sort of an exercise in futility considering the baby will probably be sleeping our room for the month or two following his birth. But the little rental doesn't have great storage so we're trying to get things somewhat organized - let me emphasize the somewhat - so we can utilize what little space we have for the baby gear coming our way soon.

Here's what it looks like now:


sad as it is, it looks about 20x better than it did a month ago when this room housed an even larger collection of clothes, storage containers, boxes for donation, laundry and a variety of other household maintenance supplies.

we've decided not to worry too much about getting a nursery perfectly set-up in this house. it just doesn't make sense when you consider how little the baby will be when we move. but that doesn't stop me from thinking about what I want his future nursery to look like.

Here are a few of my favorite inspirations from the baby design blog, Lay Baby Lay:
click on the photo for the direct link to the original source

boy nursery ideas


adventure baby girl room ideas


geology inspired nursery


mint nursery inspiration



neutral baby room ideas navy and aqua


Side note: It just struck me, as I'm day-dreaming about prints and fluffy pillows, how grateful I am to be here. I truly didn't ever think I'd be a mommy and I certainly didn't think this time last year that I'd still be happily married. All the baby trinkets and doo-dads are fun but I don't ever want to lose sight of what's utmost. No perfectly coiffed nursery will take the place of the overwhelming goodness I see in my life now. Healing. Reconciliation. Beauty from ashes. Thank you, Jesus.

What do you think? Any stand-outs? Who's heard of a Dudes and Diapers party? It was a first for me. 

Happy Weekend, friends!! 





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love all of these, especially the little scientist one! Can't wait to see what you end up doing in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty from ashes: YES. New life and new hope from a broken situation. Isn't that the story of all of us? I'm so happy about this baby!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground