My first {official} Trader Joe's trip, why I stink at social media, and who punched me in the belly and got away with it

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

They say you're supposed to keep your blog post titles short and succinct. I think it's crystal clear I rock that good-blogger rule.

So you'll be pleased to know I did in fact fold AND put away the laundry that was carelessly strewn on the sofa Monday morning. Not to toot my own horn, but I also did some blog research (and am currently attempting to create/design a new header), AND I went to the store for the no-bake cheesecake ingredients I mentioned here. I'm on a roll, y'all.

Speaking of stores, guess who went to Trader Joe's for the first time today? ME!! Er, sorta. A friend and I went last year but we just browsed so I don't think it really counts. Holy cow, for a small store they sure have a lot to look at. I was a little overwhelmed. And a little hungry, which in retrospect was probably not the best idea. But I only bought what I needed to make the above-mentioned cheesecake. Mostly.




3 bags of popcorn make perfect sense. As do the 2 bars of dark chocolate and partially-hidden beef jerky. But I didn't buy those for myself. Really. The popcorn is for D who seems to think he can't enjoy a movie or {2 hours of So You Think You Can Dance} without it. I couldn't decide which flavor he might prefer, so I got all three. Clearly the best move. The dark chocolate is a 4th of July present for my step-dad. Okay, well the big bar is. The other one is for me. (PS - anyone else hate dark chocolate until they hit their late-20's? I dunno what happened but I love the stuff now.) And the beef jerky is for my mother who is a great jerky aficionado. The woman orders it online and is highly partial to the fanciest stuff she can find (which I find slightly ironic considering there's nothing really high-class about dehydrated beef products, but whatev.)

In a completely unrelated {yet somehow applicable} train of thought, what the heck is Instagram Video? I mean, I get that it's Instagram + video feature but like how the heck do you use it? I can watch videos but I have no idea how to make them. Not that I have anything particularly interesting to record but I like to stay in the know, you know. Always up-to-date with the latest technology, that's me.
PS - Wanna be Instagram buddies? Find me HERE.  


Last but not least...guess who punched me in the gut for the first time today?


Yep, the boy gave his mommy 3 big ha-yah kick/punches this morning. It was the first time I've felt him move and I was ecstatic. But then I started thinking that this signals the end of all the peace and quiet my life will ever have. As a matter of fact, in response to his first felt movements my MIL (mother-in-law) text me this: "Brace yourself. It'll become normal soon to feel him do the ballet folklorico!" {For those of you unfamiliar w traditional Mexican dances, it looks a little something like this}



Yea, so goodbye comfort, goodbye sleep. I now have a little ninja warrior inside of me. But all joking aside, I don't care. I'm willing to sacrifice all that stuff for this little turkey. It's so weird how much you love your baby even before you know anything about them. So bring it on munchkin. Your mommy is ready for it...she thinks.


Who's been to Trader Joe's? What's your favorite TJ's product(s)? I feel like I need tips.
I know one thing for sure, I need to bring my own bag next time. I felt totally out of the loop when the guy had to track down a brown bag for my items. Newbie.


3 comments:

  1. YAY baby movements! I LOVE feeling our baby girl move. It is the best thing ever. It's so cool to WATCH her move, too, when she makes my stomach poke out and roll around! Rick loves it too--first time he's been able to "feel" any of this pregnancy thing. :) And so far she hasn't kept me up at all and I've been feeling her since around Memorial Day...so there is hope for your ninja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Enjoy the baby movements! That is the BEST BEST BEST feeling in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo baby Morin! That's amazing when you feel him kick for the first time. God is so incredible. Love you and praying for you! Keep us posted on all the baby happenings :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground