friday favorites {and why my son will never have a name}

Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy Friday!

Today I thought I'd share a few things I'm loving this summer. 

Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter:  I bought this last week during my first official Trader Joe's run and absolutely LOVE it. It's perfectly creamy {almost like whipped crisco, but not oily...I just realized that sounds disgusting} and feels wonderful on my skin. It absorbs easily and has a light, fresh and almost-vanilla-y coconut scent {not like sun-tan lotion.}





Coola Organic Spray Sunscreen:  I'm pale. I live in Texas. I use lots of sunscreen. This brand is my fav because 1) it's a spray {I'm highly partial to sprays}, 2) it comes scented OR unscented; 3) it's 97% organic so no crazy chemicals.
Sport SPF 35 Citrus Mimosa Sunscreen Spray




Motive:  I've only caught the show about 3 times but I'm really digging it. They start off showing you who the bad-guy is and work backward. You'd think it would be boring and predictable, but, so far, it's been keeping me on the edge of my seat. So good.





Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches:   My non-pregnant self doesn't really care much about ice cream, but these days it's all I can think about. I'm loving these little treats lately.
Vanilla




Mmm...right? Man, I want one now.

Distracting thought: I slept pretty rotten again last night. This time it has nothing to do w the pee-pee patrol. Instead, it was my charming bed-mate who also happens to have the occasional snoring problem. I felt bad for him though. He hurt his neck at boxing and hasn't been able to rotate it more than 10 degrees one way or another. I'm not entirely sure how that translates to last nights Snuffleupagus sounds, but trust-me, it did.

Despite my grogginess, I decided to hit the bookstore today. I had plans of parking myself in a comfy chair with a waist-high stack of baby-name books and not coming out until I had a list of potential boy names. I even brought a notebook.


Round one produced no luck. I was tired {and a bit disenchanted} but I picked out a few more books and went at it again. Still nothing.


So I used the facilities at B&N


took note of this strange stainless steel machine {I don't remember seeing one of these since high school} and went on my way. 

But the sad news is that baby boy still has no name and mom is having a hard time with it. 

Why are boy names so hard??? 


Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you. Ours will likely be busy. I need to run a bunch of errands, including {but not limited to} tracking down kitchen stuff in the storage unit. I'm not very optimistic though, seeing as I can't remember how I labeled things AND I'm not about to go through every box. 

What are some things you're loving this summer? Any fun plans for the weekend? Please tell me you're doing something better than crawling on top of dusty boxes looking for spatulas.

2 comments:

  1. haha no crawling around looking for spatualas here. This is only partially because I wouldn't be able to get back up without the assistance of a crane. (Pregnant belly has officially become difficult to maneuver.) The name we have picked for our girl popped into my head the same day we found out it was a girl. I had never heard it before (don't worry, it's a real name) but we both liked it and it has stuck. So just wait for that pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought boy names were the hardest. Then I had a girl, and I thought THOSE were the hardest. :) Neither of our kids got names til they were a few days old! (Is that encouraging or discouraging? haha). Good luck with the naming!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground