cabin fever made me do it

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I've been in a bit of a funk lately.
I'm trying really hard not to be a brat {D might beg to differ} but I want to get out of this little rental and into a home of our own again, like now.

I don't like it here. I don't feel comfortable or safe {hello possible lead paint that we're still trying to get the landlords to care about.}
Hormones probably aren't helping either, like the other day when I went to open a kitchen drawer and the whole face came off in my hand. Cue sobbing. Poor D.



But this is where we are right now and I constantly remind myself that despite how I FEEL about it, this is what is best for us during this short {even though it doesn't feel like it} season. I know that because I trust that God is still good and sovereign and loving.

D and I have been talking about things to help me cope w my terrible case of cabin {wish-I-was-in-a-house} fever.

Soooo, I decided I wanted a part-time job and got one! Totally logical at 5 months pregnant :)

I haven't told my mother yet. She's probably going to think I've lost my mind.  Did I mention I'm going to be taking care of 3 month old twins? Maybe I have lost my mind.

I'm excited to get out of the little rental and spend some of my day helping someone else. Plus, it'll be great to have more structure and routine to my days. Not to mention having something to distract my mind {ok, who am I kidding, that's the biggest thing.} But I honestly think it'll be a great thing for the short-term.


You know what's not short-term though?
These tickets.


Ok, I'm not a musical person. Like at all. But I have wanted to see The Lion King since I was a kid {ps - anyone else have a huge crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas?}

The Lion King is coming to Dallas this fall and I bought tickets for an October showing.
Can't. Wait.


Any one else have bouts of cabin fever? What are your remedies?
Who thinks I'm crazy? Come on. Let me hear it. 


1 comment:

  1. Totally! But I think just because it's summer. I love being inside and cozy in the fall and winter.

    And you will LOVE the Lion King. I'm biased, because I love musicals, but it is an amazing show!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground