Friday Flashback {Italy}

Friday, April 6, 2012

I figured the market was cornered today on Easter plans, recipes, thoughts, etc so I'd take this opportunity to be completely random.

Welcome.

***

I don't share heavy personal things here by design.
This little space of virtual highway is dedicated to things that make me smile, but today is different.

I briefly mentioned the situation with my grandpa here. But after a successful surgery and recovery period we got news that this month's scan revealed new fast-growing tumors. Obviously this is a difficult time for our family. We thought the worst was over but now it seems we're gearing up for another fight.
I hate cancer.

This serves as another reminder of how precious life is...and why I joined the NMDP.
Today is a treasure.

***

Picnik's days are numbered. There's no denying it now.
(Weeping. Wailing.)
 I've been on a mission to organize and edit some old photos before the magic disappears forever.

In 2008, we went on a 12 day trip to Italy & Greece.
Yes, it was a dream.

Here are a few of the pics I took...back when I had a camera.
(and yes, I took them all)

Close up of the Ponte Vecchio in Florence


Took this shot of Florence from the Piazzale Michelangelo, a hill overlooking the city.
Yea. I know.


The Vatican Museums.
You think you're really going for the Sistine Chapel but you're treated with enchanting corridors like this along the way.
You look up a lot in that place.
Neck exercises and Aleeve recommended.




I took this photo on a water taxi in Venice (which is btw, my second favorite city ever.)
It is a magical, magical place.


***

Happy Good Friday friends!
Enjoy your weekend and remember what it all means.

xoxo


5 comments:

  1. So sorry to read about your grandfather. I'll be keeping him and your family in my thoughts.

    You were in Italy a year after I visited! I LOVED Florence. LOVED. I wasn't that impressed with Venice, but I'd give it another chance. I dream about all the ridiculously delicious food I ate in Italy-- can't wait to go back one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandfather! :( Cancer SUCKS.

    Your Italy photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your grandfather! Hugs your way!!

    I loved Florence. Venice wasn't on our itinerary but I'd love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. He and your family will be in my prayers.
    Your photos are beautiful!!!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your grandpa. Cancer is a terrible, terrible thing. My mom has been battling breast and brain cancer so I know how painful it is to see someone you love go through such an awful time.

    Gorgeous pictures! I went to Florence for a semester abroad and I miss it every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground