Nutella and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Friday, March 9, 2012

Baking is therapy for me. Take this morning for example, I woke up, saw my Cookie of the Day email from Martha Stewart (It's awesome! Sign up!!), and started pre-heating the oven...all before 9am. A batch of double-chocolate caramel brownies are now cooling on the counter. (Don't worry, I'll post the adapted recipe if they turn out good.)

A few weeks ago, I was experimenting with a peanut butter cookie recipe found in the old family recipe book. Remember this?



I decided to experiment a little with the recipe and ended up making the most delicious Nutella and peanut butter chip cookies.

They are awesome (and this is from a girl that doesn't much like peanut butter.)
A little crispy on the outside, soft in the center, and the flavor...chocolatey, nutty, creamy, peanut-buttery. Mouth-watering deliciousness!

They are also very simple and only yield about one dozen, the perfect amount if you ask me. Enough to enjoy one or two and then send the rest off to co-workers, friends, or family. 
I have to do that you know, I have no willpower when it comes to sugar, but I want to be careful with how much and often I indulge. I've even started drinking half-and-half tea (half sweet, half unsweet). I actually can't drink regular sweet tea anymore.
Is sweet tea just a southern thing?  




Nutella and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Prep-time: 10 min..
Cook-time: 8-10 min.
Yield: 1 dozen
Recipe: Mine
Ingredients
1/4 c butter, softened but still cold
1/4 c Nutella
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c peanut butter chips, may adjust more or less as desired
2/3 c flour, sifted
1 small egg, beaten
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch salt

Pre-heat oven to 400F. Spray large cookie sheet w/ non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Cream butter, then add Nutella and mix until fully incorporated. Add sugars gradually, creaming well. Add egg and vanilla to Nutella mixture. Mix flour, soda, and salt together in separate bowl. Gradually add to Nutella mixture, making sure to mix well after each addition. Gently fold peanut putter chips into batter. Use cookie scoop to place batter 1" apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, until done. Let cool on sheet for 5 min then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.

Note: I let my butter get too soft so the cookies spread out a little too much. If this happens to you, place your batter in the fridge for 20-30 min to chill before scooping onto cookie sheet. I also forgot about the pb chips until the end so I sprinkled them on top of each round. I was clearly on top of things that day. ;)



Linking up at:

Home Stories A2Z

6 comments:

  1. I love a crispy, thin cookie and these look delicious Faith! And of course, I'm nutso for Nutella like everyone else. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm... must click away quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, these are all of my favorite things! i bet it's delicious!

    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning! We have a jar of Nutellla that I don't see us eating any time soon. Cookies are obviously the perfect use for it. ;) (And I'm signing up for Martha's cookies! Thanks for the tip!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot show these cookies to my husband because he'll want me to make him for him. Since I introduced him to Nutella he's become a Nutella phene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i pinned this and within one minute it was repinned 4 times. haha AWESOME. i need to make this.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground