Friday Flashback

Friday, March 30, 2012

Ever have one of those weeks where you just can't seem to get your head on straight? Story of my life.

Today's post by Joy the Baker made think about balance.
Ugh. I stink at balance.
I tend to live my life in extremes.
Balance is particularly difficult because I'm the worst at cutting myself any slack.
{hello Type A}

So thank you Joy for reminding me to stop, breathe, and think.

My focus this weekend will be one thing: Giving myself time.

Time for doing and resting, time for action and inaction.
Sounds easy.
I know it won't be.

***

In a completely unrelated matter, I was doing some behind-the-scenes blog work today and found some old posts that I thought might be fun to share w/ you.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) I grimased at a few of these. It's like looking at old yearbook photos of yourself: "why did I do/say/wear that?" But if I can laugh at myself than you can too. We're all friends here.
2) I'm funny. That is all.

Here we go:
And for those of you who spot the irony, I realize health/fitness vs ice cream seems like sabotage.
I was/still learning balance remember?
I want a healthy lifestyle but still love my pastries (in moderation)...
like I-want-to-own-a-bakery kinda love.
I really do.

Real girl. Real flaws. Real life.
Right here.


Have a wonderful weekend friends!


2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate. I am having a bad week which is unusual for me and it's been punctuated by my son falling on my laptop and it's dead. I was kind of having a heart attack thinking about life without my laptop. After my initial shock I realized it might be liberating for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely understand where you're coming from about living in extremes! If you figure out the balance thing, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground