Double-Chocolate Caramel Brownies

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If you haven't signed up for Martha Stewart's Cookie of the Day you don't know what you're missing.
I for one can't get enough.



The day I got the recipe for these double-chocolate brownies they were literally in the oven before 9:30am.
I'm serious about chocolate y'all.
serious.



If you're still a box-brownie mix person may I take a moment to implore reconsideration?
These brownies are easy {7-ingredient easy} and taste a-friggin'-mazing!
I mean, whoa.



I added caramel nibs but you can include pb morsels, white chocolate, mint chocolate, dark chocolate, butterscotch, nuts, etc.
The possibilities are endless.


***


Double-Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Yield: 9 2.5 inch squares
Prep-time: 10 min
Bake time: 35-40 min

Ingredients

  • 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels                                       
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1/3 cup caramel nibs (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving a slight overhang on all sides. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Whisk in cocoa and salt. Fold in flour until combined. Fold in caramel nibs until combined.
  2. Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment. Remove parchment, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely. Cut into 9 squares.



Notes:
I would not use caramel nibs again, at least this way. I hoped they would melt and get all gooey and yummy inside. They did not. They stayed pretty firm and chewy...and I don't mean that in a good way. Other than that (and my hacksaw knife skills) I absolutely LOVED these brownies. They really are that good: Fudgy, chewy, over-the-top chocolate flavor GOOD.

Any new favorite recipes lately?
Try any of mine? What were your results?



Linking up at Tatertots & Jello

5 comments:

  1. These look beyond good. I'm going to go eat my yogurt and pretend it tastes the same. Thanks, Faith. Thanks. Big thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever made not out of the box brownies. You may have convinced me to change that. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - these look so moist and amazing and actually kinda do-able?! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up for Martha's emails right after you mentioned it the first time! These look amazing! Drool.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground