Bullet Points

Monday, March 12, 2012

  • I will be in Missouri most of this week for a visit with my Grandma's family. Apparently we'll be staying at my great-great Aunt's farm (that's right, great-GREAT). I'm excited but clearly won't be around much for a few days.


  • I saw this workout the other day and knew I had to try it.
Have I yet mentioned my earnest desire to be a dancer (not that kind!)? Yes, ballet or ballroom, it doesn't matter. I have a magical, pirouetting nymph inside of me. Last night I grabbed a chair for balance and got to sculpting my soon-to-be dancer's legs in the middle of my living room. It was simple but intense. I felt every move and I loved it (plus got to watch Project Runway at the same time... a win-win.)
Source: sheknows.com via Faith on Pinterest


  • I can't remember where I heard about it, but I tried a new DIY facial exfoliator this week. It was AMAZING and is definitely my new go-to. Plus, it could not be easier.
To make it I mixed:

1 Tbsp honey

source

PLUS,

1 tsp baking soda

source

Mix thoroughly and apply to face and neck. Using warm water and your fingertips, gently rub your face in small circular motions. Rinse with warm water.

I love this recipe not only for the ease and simplicity of it but also for the natural beauty benefits. I challenge you to read up on those two ingredients. You'll be amazed at what you learn. Or just read the back of your favorite scrub and you'll be freaked out by how much garbage you put on your face daily without realizing it.
Natural is better.

Notes: The baking soda is so fine and feels much more gentle than any salt or sugar scrub. I had enough for two applications so I used one and saved the other (uncovered and on my counter) for a week. Hey, it's honey. It doesn't go bad. I just mixed it up a little before my second application and it worked exactly as it had the first time.
Definitely a keeper.

***
See you guys when I get back!!
Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. I recently started using raw honey, too! Works wonders on acne! Hope you have a good trip, ballerina Faith. Be sure to practice some plies out there in farmland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I never would've thought to put honey on my face but I love the idea of moving to more natural beauty products. I LOL'd at your comment about the pirouetting nymph. It lives in me too, but it's probably best that it stays hidden while I'm super-preggo. Have a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground