Herringbone Rug

Monday, February 27, 2012

Don't you love how inspired and original these titles keep getting?
Just call me the princess of subtlety.

This month has been so busy I haven't had any time to look for finishing textiles in the living room. Plus when you're on a budget...a real one...it can be hard to find things that are reasonable AND cute.

I made a lucky find today though when I was browsing Urban Outfitters website and saw this rug.

View ProductView Product
source

I love it! Herringbone is one of my favorite patterns and the scale and color of this rug make it both modern and classic. It also comes in teal, but I can't decide between the gray and navy (let me know if you have a vote). I'm also probably gonna buy two of them and sew them together so that it will better fit the size and scale of the room. (5x7 + 5x7 = 10x7.)
Plus, at only $74 it's a steal.

What do you think? Like the rug? Gray or Navy? Think I'm crazy for sewing two together?



12 comments:

  1. Cute rugs! I've totally considered sewing two rugs together! Be careful, though...two 5x7s only make one 10x7. I've made that mistake before and had to return them. You'd have to buy 4 to make a 10x14. :( (Sorry to bear bad news, friend. That's still a reasonable price for a 10x14 rug, though, if you had to buy 4.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! Duh. Guess you could also call me a simple math maven. So glad you pointed this out!!! I knew something didn't sound right...fixing this as we speak. But you're right, even if I bought 4, still a reasonable price for a rug that large. Now I'm going to get some masking tape and a tape measure and plot this baby out.

      Delete
  2. I am partial to the gray one...Jen would pick teal. :-) I love how you said a REAL budget. That's me. And just looking at Erin's comment...do you think you'd like 4 of them all together?? I can't wait to hear what you decide to do!! For a rug that big it is still a great price...
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the gray too. It's just so hard! I'm gonna have to play around w/ the dimensions and see what works. Sewing two together didn't intimidate me...but four...yikes. I'll keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooo, I like. I can't decide on the color, but I don't think you're crazy for sewing two together. I think it's pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my eye on these as well. I'll live vicariously through you.

    I don't think you can really go wrong on color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gray one!! Kind of reminds me of the black & white Ikea rug I see everywhere. I like the navy one too but I think gray would be a better neutral if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so so so in love with this rug. Katie's right, I like the teal. But gray is pretty too (I do have a gray rug as well...). I wish the navy was a black and then I would buy it. I'm on a black rug kick right now.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a steal! Either color would be fabulous. I'm especially drawn to the navy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friend! I was wondering if you'd be interested in writing a guest post for the week of April 8th? We're going on a cruise and I'd like to line up some of my faves to take charge while I'm gone. :) Let me know! emuff25@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Faith, I was just thinking about doing this exact same thing and came across this post while googling. Did you end up doing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I'm a slacker. haha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground