My Favorite Mascara

Friday, January 20, 2012

I don't wear a lot of make-up. My daily facial regimen is pretty bare-bones.
It looks a little something like this:

1. Wash face
2. Moisturize (w/ sunscreen)
3. Quick sweep of powder
4. Blush
5. Mascara
6. Tinted lip balm

The end.

I am not a fussy girl. In our house I wait for the boy to finish getting ready, not the other way around. I am, however, a big fan of the small arsenal of products I do use. So today I thought I'd share my favorite mascara with you.

Maybelline Lash Discovery


via

I'm a big believer in the power of mascara. I don't like goopy, clumpy, tarantula-leg looking lashes that so many products seem to deliver (at least on my eyes). This mascara (and brush...I think that's the key) gives me long, natural, soft lashes that last all day (and no I don't buy the waterproof kind). It's an excellent value at around $5-6 per tube (I buy mine at Target)...a steal if you've ever purchased mascara.

Now I realize not everyone has my kind of lashes or aesthetic so this might not work for you or be your kinda thing...that's ok. But just in case you wanna see this product in action, I took the following photos yesterday to show you why I love it so much.

BEFORE - completely natural and untouched lashes


*******








I think this last one looks like I have eyeliner on...but I don't. I guess it's just a shadow or something.


Notice the subtle but effective difference?






AFTER: Just a few swipes and you get natural, elongated lashes. No clumps or tiny black balls stuck on the ends.

 *******



So what's you're favorite mascara?
Do you wear mascara?
How much would you spend on a tube? Are you more frugal or would you spend more for a beauty product?


Note: This is my opinion only. I received no compensation, award, or parade float. Just something I use every day that I thought you might like too.

5 comments:

  1. Cool post! I love seeing before/afters with products, especially makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those with/without photos are amazing!! I honestly might try that mascara when mine runs out. And those photos make me want to wear mascara more often! What a fun post.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy! I love mascara.

    My favorite is Physicians Formula Organic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your skin is so flawless! I use CoverGirl Lash Blast. I'm kind of a makeup junkie and tend to just layer the mascara on so mine is not nearly as clump-less as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww pretty Faith :) I haven't worn mascara in a while but your pics are definitely making me think I could try it again.

    And I'm typing this comment on my newly acquired iPad (compliments of my school) and it kept trying to change mascara to NASCAR. Apparently I haven't yet mastered the typing thing.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground