2012's First Workout

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Well, it's January 4th and I still haven't been able to do anything with my Christmas pictures. It's probably not gonna happen at this point, so I'm just gonna cut my losses and move on.

New Year's Eve was quiet and simple. We drove out to my Dad's for our Christmas there but I ended up getting sick that night.
pretty huh?

Thankfully my dad is a walking medical dictionary so I was in good hands.  And Lulu, my step-mom's dog, was also there to keep me company (mine were off exploring). AND, believe it or not, I managed to stay up until midnight.
Today is the first day I've felt close to 100% though so you know what that means...
WORKOUT TIME

I tried two new-to-me Pop Pilates videos this morning and might go for an evening run or do some weights tonight too. Both were pretty short but effective. I'm definitely gonna have a little soreness tomorrow...especially those inner thighs. Wowzers.

Pop Pilates Inner Thigh and Runner's Calf Workout


Pop Pilates Cardio Kickboxing Workout


To me, exercise is really about health, not size. I feel better when I'm active and intentional about what I do with my body and what I put in it. The hardest part of any workout is the beginning but I want to encourage and challenge you to do it. Keep going. Don't give up or get down on yourself for not being whatever it is you think you should be. Be proud of any progress you've made (even if it's small). And take ownership of the only body you've been given. You're not a trash can so stop treating yourself that way. Mkay?
Glad we had that little chat...

So get after it and let me know how you're doing.


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I just finished the inner thigh workout- I didn't know my legs could burn so much in 12 minutes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick on New Year's Eve. You do sick much better than I do. :P

    We've been super lucky with our weather and we've been walking every night. Let's keep it up Iowa! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you crack me up. :) i'm with ya...the hardest part of any workout is getting started. i always try to talk myself out of my runs...especially when i'm getting up at 5am. i'm actually really excited for this marathon to be done so i can run less and do other types of workouts. those POP pilates look sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that it feels good to just move, whatever it is. I am avoiding the gym this month because of the crowds and I just started P90X. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you - you are funny! So I worked out today, just wanted you to know. :-) Sometimes the only thing that gets me to the gym (I hate saying that, it sounds so hoity toity) is telling Matea that she gets to go play there. Then I can't really change my mind. I think I'm going to try those videos you posted tomorrow morning...I'll let you know! THanks for these encouraging "be healthy" posts!!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I FINALLy did the second workout you posted after doing one round of this workout: http://www.self.com/jumpstart/2012/workout#slide=7 It was tough! But I felt like I got a GOOD 15 minute workout!! Definitely worth it! I'll be doing it again (especially after practicing those complex moves....)
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground