Merry Christmas!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

My mental acuity may be at an all time low. I think I might actually be sleep-typing. Bear with me.

In just a few short hours I will be boarding a flight to Ohio to see my family. It's a bittersweet trip. My grandpa was diagnosed with cancer around August. We just learned the chemo hasn't worked and he will have major surgery to remove a huge tumor shortly after Christmas.
It's hard to watch people you love suffer. I think I've never hated living far from family moreso than in times like this. I'm so grateful for the precious time we get to spend together though. Overwhelmed by it really and plan to soak in every moment. Why don't we live more like this all the time?

I had every intention of posting more this week but {clearly} never had enough time to get to it.

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. {I'll be back in about a week.}
I hope you all have a blessed holiday.
Enjoy your family, friends, and the many blessings you've been given. Don't sweat the small stuff. Laugh, cry {it's ok if the holidays aren't happy for you this year}, rejoice, and remember that this season is more than postcards, gifts, and overstuffed bellies.

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”” Luke 2:11-14 ESV

Much love and wishes of peace and joy to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Enjoy the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas beautiful blog friend! I hope you enjoy your time with family. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soak up your time with you family!! I pray you make precious memories. MERRY CHRISTMAS, Faith!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your grandfather, praying it all goes well! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground