Holiday Health

Monday, December 12, 2011

I won't beat around the bush...I need your help.

With all the traveling and holiday food of late (ohhh those cookies!), I have neglected my workouts and (mostly) clean eating. I feel it. I mean I really feel it. Gross. Irritable. Blah. Not right.

I got to thinking that maybe I'm not the only one...maybe we all could use some encouragement to keep on with a balanced, healthy lifestyle especially amidst the season of indulgence. This isn't about deprivation. We should celebrate this time of year. It's full of good things. But sometimes I get so carried away with the fun stuff that I forget about any sort of happy equilibrium. Too much of a good thing isn't good. It's ok to enjoy some delicious treats every now and then but I still need to take care of my body. It's the only one I've got.

So here's the deal, I'm going to be posting what I'm eating, drinking, and doing from now until Jan 1. I'm not sure how often, it may be once a week, it might be daily...who knows. But I AM committing to do it because I'm a real girl who needs some encouragement and motivation to keep on keepin' on (especially when my brain tells me that I deserve as much of that calorie-packed treat as I want. Ha...you liar!!)

What are your tips and suggestions for staying balanced during the holidays? What is your biggest struggle? How do you stay on track with your workouts while traveling? Want to make some healthy changes but not sure how?  Wherever you're at on the journey we're all friends here.



2 comments:

  1. Whew! If you figure out the trick to staying on track, I want to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut myself some slack for the week before Christmas and the week after. It helps me relax a little and not get so angry at myself for "failing". And then I get back to my normal routine. It's harder but the break is nice. I still exercise/try not to eat too much crap but if I slip, it's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground