Twitter is for the birds

Friday, November 4, 2011


I don't really mean that. I'm bit of an actress today.

The following post is all about Twitter. If you don't tweet or don't care, I wouldn't bother reading any further:
Can I shoot straight with you? I'm embarrassed to admit it...prepare yourselves...BUT
with the exception of my own hashtags, I have NO idea what others mean...most specifically the abbreviated ones.
I mean NO IDEA. 

When I first started using twitter I thought there would be some sort of tutorial about those things. Imagine my confusion when, after clicking on my first hashtag assuming it would bring me to greener pastures, I saw before me a list of other {I'll go out on a limb and say cooler} people who used the same tag. T rest of it is pretty simple and I got it down quickly. But hashtags like #tc, #hhd #ff {haha Kelly}, #br, #lmnop....I mean seriously. I need help.

Can someone who's in the know make a dictionary or glossary of terms to assist the rest of us (I'm not the only one right) out? Also, if there's some twitter secret society that I need to join and/or know about PLEASE tell me.

This is how bad it really is: It literally took me 3 weeks to figure out what #ootd was. I finally had to google it and even then it took some digging.

So here's the deal - if you tweet something and I respond strangely, show your girl some love. Help her out. She's just using context clues and the inevitable smiley face to respond in the most cohesive way she knows.


In the meantime, unless written-out or commonly used, just expect me to have no clue what hashtags mean.




8 comments:

  1. haha I am in the same boat when I see those twitter things...and I don't have a twitter account, so I am no help. I didn't know what a "hashtag" was, either. So basically this comment is useless and non-helpful...but just know you aren't alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find the answers to these...let me know. I act like I know what I'm doing but I have NO clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DON'T GET IT EITHER!!! #dontgetit
    Is that what you do?
    :-)

    seriously!!!! I'm clueless.
    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to master this whole twitter business. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a half hearted tweeter but I'm for sure going to start following you and we can make up a gang of clueless tweeters who say things that nobody else understands. BTW, I'm giving you a blog love award on Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, sister. I'm completely lost when it comes to Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm with you (and Katie). we have twitter but don't really know how to use it. and i don't really know what happens when i "reply" to a tweet. is that me tweeting? can everyone see that? so confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what precisely NONE of those mean except #FF. :) It's Follow Friday and it just means you tell everyone which of your twitter friends they should also follow. But other than that, i'm pretty clueless myself. Let me know if you figure that stuff out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground