Anyone else forget

Friday, November 25, 2011

I woke up this morning, set out on my daily errands; then realized (as I pulled into the Target parking lot) that today was (dun, dun, duuuuun)
BLACK FRIDAY.

I've never been Black Friday shopping (that's right) so I forget every year...seriously...every year (nevermind the fact that everyone everywhere talk about it...I'm clueless. Selective hearing? Who knows.) Luckily it was about 12pm so most of the crazies were gone but it was still insane. What happens to people? It's a great mystery to me. Kinda like what happens to drivers in Dallas when precipitation (any kind...but especially the frozen variety) falls from the sky. I don't understand it...to save $20 on a toy or something? What is this?
Y'all help me if I'm missing something here. Nobody loves a great deal more than I, but I've never been tempted. Maybe I'm too lazy. Maybe I have no idea what I'm missing.

Anyone go Black Friday shopping? Is it a family tradition? You're first time? Hate it/Love it? Best deals? Insider tips?
Tell me. I need a schooling.

3 comments:

  1. I had to work for a couple of those sales I swore to never participate in the insanity. There is nothing more terrifying than standing next to a pallet with a box cutter in hand, and as soon as you start to unwrap the plastic they spring upon you and your weapon like zombies. Perhaps that is the allure, it is training for the zombie apocalypse. Now days I spend it home in my jammies, drinking ample amounts of hot beverages, eating TWO breakfasts, and reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with Black Friday. Never, ever, will I be one of those people who camp out all week or get to the store at 1 AM. Unless you are determined to get one of those cheap television doorbuster "deals" its not worth it. I have found some good deals at a more reasonable hour (think 11 AM) however. I am making some quilts for Christmas presents this year, so I went to JoAnne's- saved over $200! One tip- most stores offer the same sale prices and same merchandise online with free shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April - haha. I love it. Two breakfasts?! You must tell me how you do this. I can barely get one down.
    Kaitie - I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Oh I love JoAnn's...and thanks for the tip. I def prefer to stay home and warm (and crazy-pepper-spraying-parent free).

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground