travel post coming soon...but not yet

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random news:

- I woke up this morning and the temperature had dropped almost 30 degrees from the day before.
Gotta love Texas. It's now REALLY feeling like fall around this place and boy-oh-boy am I excited.
{I love fall. It really is the BEST season.}

- David ate 2 pumpkin danishes after dinner last night...and took the rest to work with him this morning. I think it's safe to say he liked the new recipe.  I have to admit though, I'm ready for another kind of treat in this house.  I must be the only person in the world who ISN'T a die-hard pumpkin fan {I know, I know}.

- I have a confession: I'm nervous to go to NYC b/c a teeny part of me wonders if another attack will happen when I'm there. {Don't judge} I was a senior in HS when 9/11 happened and I remember making a decision THEN that I would never go to New York.  I've since traveled 4 times overseas and though cautious and alert {even once having a very scary experience in Greece}, I've never once felt this kind of fear.  I thought I was fine about until around the 9/11 anniversary when EVERY TV station was airing specials on the tragedy. I knew I shouldn't watch but somehow felt like I was unpatriotic if I didn't. Well, that was a bad idea. It brought back the intense fear I had all those years ago.  Before I knew it I was sobbing on the couch, telling David {and texting my friends} that I couldn't go.  After much prayer {and the realization that my fear revealed my heart and a failure to trust the Lord...ouch}, I now have a great deal of peace about the trip...and my life. But I would be lying if I said those old terrors aren't quick to rise to the surface. It's a battle I have to keep fighting. Pray for me.

- I could only do 30 minutes of Zumba/Hip-Hop today. It wore me out! I felt so lame. One of my instructors is not teaching the class anymore because she's expecting a baby ANY DAY but she can still hang the whole hour.  I felt pitiful. In my defense though, I spent the next 20-25 minutes lifting weights... so I did get my hour long workout in. 
What can I say? Some days I'm just not on top of it.

- David surprised me last night with my choice of two things before my trip:
Option A: A new phone
Option B: A new camera

I'm leaning towards "B". I have a birthday coming up soon so maybe I can get "A" then...or Christmas. Hmmm....what do you think?







1 comment:

  1. I went to NYC on a school trip the January after 9/11. I was super nervous about flying, and it was weird being there after people were still reeling from such loss, but it's such a neat city. I want to go again one day.

    I'll be praying for your trip and for your nerves (I'm a nervous flyer too!) You'll have so much fun in New York! :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground