Pumpkin Danish {oh yes I did}

Monday, October 17, 2011



It's the month of never-ending pumpkin.

The first time I saw one of Heather's recipes I nearly fell over. She makes things like out of a dream. Her recipes are gorgeous, delicious, and {amazingly enough} do-able.

I decided to continue with Pumpkin-palooza and surprise David with my adaptation of her Pumpkin Danish when he got home tonight.
humuna-humuna.





Pumpkin Danish
Adapted from Sprinkle Bakes
Yield: 8 pastries
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min.

Ingredients for pastry
  • 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature {I used fat-free}
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • dash kosher salt
  • 2 sheets (1 box) frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1/3 cup egg whites for wash
Ingredients for glaze
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 Tbsp milk {I used organic skim}
*May use more powdered sugar for dusting

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl on low speed until creamy and smooth. Carefully unfold pasty making sure there are no tears or cracks {tip: if you do notice any cracks, dampen a small paper towel and wring out the remaining water leaving it barely wet. Use the paper towel to soften the dough and then gently smooth over the area with your fingers, sealing the crack.} Cut the dough sheets into fourths and spoon a heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture into the center of each of the 4 squares. Brush the border of each pastry with egg-white wash and fold 2 opposite corners to the center, brushing and overlapping the corners of each pastry so they firmly stick together. Brush the top of the pastries with egg-white wash. Place the pastries on the prepared sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining sheets of puff pastry and refrigerate the filled Danish for 15 minutes{ I forgot this step but it turned out fine}. Bake the pastries for about 20 minutes, until puffed and brown.

Whisk powdered sugar and milk together until smooth glaze forms. Drizzle over pastries and top with sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Home Stories A2Z
Cast Party Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Yum! They look delicious! Don't you love all the things you can do with pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tutorials! I've featured you on The Kurtz Corner FB Fan Page! Go check it out :)

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kurtz-Corner/218297661553809

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely trying this recipe this week! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO good!! I'll have to try them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (found ya on a link party)
    those look delish and sound so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your recipe! It would be a PERFECT addition to my party. Would you come over to CAST PARTY WEDNESDAY tomorrow and share it with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMM!! I wish I could taste right through the computer screen. Those look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground