I need a maid

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I am completely wiped out. The past week has been SO full {lots of good things} but I feel like I could sleep for days. 

While I long for a pillow and a plush blanket, my home, sweet home longs for a good bath.  The dishes are screaming at me. The laundry gives me dirty looks when I walk by {and pretend not to see it}. The vacuum sighs grumpily. Even the dogs announce their displeasure by shedding copious amounts of blonde and black fur {then depositing them on every available household textile}.

I need to get up and tackle these monsters.
Yes, yes I do.

"But what's another day," the sofa whispers to me from her luxurious hair-saturated cushions.  I'm lulled to sleep by her sweet furry lullaby.  Pulling the covers over my head I pretend not to hear the outrage from filthy inhabitants.

A housekeeper would be lovely right about now.

Night-night friends.



6 comments:

  1. Awww I feel ya...cleaning the house WELL could be a full-time job. Which is why logic says to make it someone ELSE's job since I already have a full-time job. And pet hair? I give up. It seems that I vacuum/dust and then within 5 minutes there's another fuzzball lurking right where I just cleaned....

    Hope you feel rested soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a break every now and then. You know how they say a clean desk is the sign of an empty mind? Well, maybe it's the same with houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is for you:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/251530533/

    i was the same way yesterday...i had a million things to do (the words "brother's wedding on saturday hasn't really resonated yet...)and instead i went to my neighbor's house and watched football (ok, they watched football while i blogged...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. I agree. Even my clean clothes give me dirty looks because they rarely ever make it from basket to closet.

    And fur balls? How do they grow so big so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen - Haha. I love it!

    So glad you all understand days like this.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground