Finding the Perfect Gray

Monday, October 3, 2011

I've made a smidge more progress in determining the right gray re-paint for the living/dining room and kitchen.  I probably should have picked more colors, but honestly I was tired and overwhelmed with the dizzying variety of shades there are in paint-land.  So I just picked two.

Fortunately, I think I picked pretty well.  We decided to put several large swatches all over the living/dining room and kitchen to get a better feel of what the colors would look like w/ shadows, natural light, furniture etc.

So far I like what I see.



Here are the kitchen swatches
All colors are from the Martha Stewart Collection at Home Depot.




On the cabinets/wall





dining room swatches
see how blue the current gray (nimbus cloud) looks flanked by the brown-grays?





Living room
Ignore the ghastly Cowboys game on the tube...I did. haha






Above the fireplace



What do you think?

I'm leaning toward the lighter gray (bedford) for the walls and the flagstone for the lower kitchen cabinets.  David is worried it's going to be too plain/bland but I promised him this is just one layer of many. And who are we kidding, textiles are what really make a room and those are tbd.  
I told him to trust me. He agreed. :)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Good news!!  My back is finally healed.  I'm still nervous to move like usual but I have little to no pain anymore so I was able to get back in the swing of things at the gym today.
Whew.
2 weeks of not being able to do much really showed today though. I was tempted to be really discouraged at first but decided progress is progress so I won't despair. I'm still doing good things for my health and my body and that's a win.


Here is today's workout:


30 minutes elliptical
 (probably the first time I've ever been on one but I didn't think the high-impact of the treadmill was a good idea)



then...








harder than it looks. I was swwwweating y'all.




and to cool down...









It felt so good.




Afterwards I came home and had a simple but delicious lunch.




Toasted turkey and colby jack sandwich on wheat
with a spinach & romaine salad with cucumbers, celery, and carrots
(and about 1tsp light Italian dressing)



I topped it off with a glass of water
and a
blueberry, strawberry, banana, and chia seed smoothie
(w/ 1Tbsp unflavored whey protein)


So good.


Hope you're all having a great Monday!
The weather here is beautiful and I'm soaking it in...especially after the summer we had.
Heck, last week we even reached 100 degrees one day.
I'm MORE than ready for fall.

What's the weather like where you live today? 








3 comments:

  1. Choosing paint colors is SO hard! I like the bedford too. Can't wait to see it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the title I thought it said: finding the perfect GUY. I was hooked. ;)
    Katie just painted her daughters room a gray and it turned out way lighter than she hoped...she should have read this post first!! Hope it turns out great, I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, grays are so hard. and they do different things in different light. good luck in finding yours! donna

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground