Dining Room Inspiration

Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Pinterest Find...

I've been thinking and re-thinking my plans for the living/dining/kitchen area.  It's been such a challenge finding the right pieces and a design plan to suit such a large open space.

You may remember I painted the room back in June, but after sitting with the color for several months it's just not right and I need to re-paint. Ugh... The gray I originally chose has blue undertones that, given the time of day and the shadows, almost turn the room into a delightful (sarcasm) shade of periwinkle. I can't have it.

I hope to get some paint samples on the wall this week.  The color? Gray with brown undertones this time. From there I'll hopefully be able to start nailing things down...I'm not making promises though.
I've had to learn things the hard way.

I am usually a very decisive person but design rinders this impossible at times. I've got to learn how to be patient but oh, tis hard my friends, tis very hard. I want to LOVE the spaces I create and sometimes feel like I'm just rushing to get it "done" because I hate unfinished projects.

Part of the problem is inspiration.  I may find something I LOVE but when it ends up not being right for the space (for whatever reason) I tend to have difficulty finding something else that stirs my creativity and helps me focus on a plan for the room.

Pinterest has been helpful for this very purpose. I repinned this photo some time ago and just rediscovered it this weekend. I love the high-back settee against the wall and the artwork. I also love the juxtaposition of styles (which is very my taste).  This is something I can very much envision doing in our dining room. It may not be a carbon copy of this, but it will be inspired by the elements seen here.




source


Now I wish I just had the moula to complete everything right. now. Ha!
Life is tough right? ;)


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh the color gray...I have yet to find the "perfect" one. I'm told it exists. I'm doubtful. I also love the juxtaposition of styles in your inspiration pic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground