Red (Gasp) Tie-Dye!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Here's what I'm wearing today:

Photo is still blurry...I realize...but I've come to the conclusion that although my skills leave much to be desired, my current frustrations may have more to do with the present age of this photo-taking device (5yrs) than said operator error.   

Back to the clothes Faith

Red Tie-Dye Dress?
Oh yes.
haha...I look so mad.
I'm not.
It's just my normal face.


 

Red is my least favorite color.  I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way but it does. 
I tend to prefer cool colors but bought this fun little dress for two reasons:

 1) It's really more red/orange (and while not much better) I have nothing like it in my closet... it was time to add a little something new.
2) It's a tie-dye dress. Casual, fun; easy to wear on hot, sticky summer days.
*I love dresses for these reasons. They're the simplest complete outfit out there...and remember, I don't stress over clothes. No way Jose!*



Oh and I'm not wearing shoes in the pics but I did put on my go-to gold sandals.

This outfit isn't meant to wow...it's just a casual, cotton summer dress good for running errands and working around the house...which is exactly what I'm doing today.
Sure beats jammies. 

 
Dress: Target
Shoes: Dillards

----------------------------------------

Sooooo....in other news guess what I did yesterday?
(No more culinary Olympics.)

I painted two more pieces.  I like these even more than the previous two (actually I painted over both pieces using the same canvas...don't freak...it's ok.)

What do you think? Mistake?


I found my inspiration for these from an artist I ran across on Pinterest (Cocoa & Hearts.)
Her work is so beautiful right?

I wanted to create something very similar so I chose my color scheme and got to work.




I'm loving it. 
I'm going to keep experimenting using her work as inspiration. 
 I love her use of color and large thick brush strokes.


Here's the second piece I did.  I really had no idea what I was doing here.
I just wanted a sharp contrast with black and white and then I dripped a sea foam green across the black. 




I'm still not sure if this one is finished or not. I like to sit them in the space (notice it's not hung) and see how I feel after a week or two. 

 There's no rush. 

2 comments:

  1. red rubs me the wrong way tOO!! but i'm loving it as of late. and on you too. :)

    ps...love your first painting to pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paintings! Red it the least-represented color in my wardrobe, too. It makes dressing for patriotic holidays rather difficult. That dress is adorable, though!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground