Homemade Ice Cream (No Churning Needed)

Friday, August 26, 2011

Remember last week when I told you about the 2 (dos) batches of homemade ice cream that I slaved over?  Yea, I'm a liar. There was no slaving involved. None at all.

I ran across this recipe at I Am Baker (although I think it's originally from Kevin & Amanda) and had to try my version of it.  Honestly I'm not a big ice cream fan, but my family is crazy about it so I made several more batches for the weekend.  The recipe is sooooooooo easy but definitely not a clean eat {or healthy in any way possible}.  It's a great one to have on hand for special events though (think baby showers or kids parties) or save your calories for this custom creamy splurge. 

Disclaimer: I'm a horrible blogger who forgot to take pictures. These are from the world wide web (sources cited and linked).  Forgive me.

Are you ready for this?

Here's what you'll need:



1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk 
(I made one batch with the fat free and the other with the regular...both were great.)





2 cups heavy whipping cream


That's all folks...

Ok, well not exactly {this is the fun part}
The above 2 ingredients make the perfect creamy vanilla-y base. But this is where you get to add any kind of flavors you want!  We used fresh strawberries in one and health/chocolate pieces in another.  The possibilities are endless.

Here's what you do:

1. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form (Do Not over beat.)
2. In a separate bowl combine condensed milk and whatever flavors you want (honey, fruit, chocolate, nuts, protein powder, koolaid...heck, I don't know)
3. Fold cream into condensed milk mixture until fully incorporated.
4. Place in freezable container (I used my Glad plastic containers) and freeze for 4-8 hrs depending on your container/freezer settings.


The resulting concoction will be the most luscious, rich, and creamy ice cream ever. 
It's like a work of dairy art.

Try not to disturb the freezing process though.  I know it's hard not to sample as you go...but don't...give it the time it needs.  You won't be sorry.

Word of caution: A little bit goes a long way so if you're trying to be good share with a friend or make this for a group of people who will gobble it up.  You'll look like Martha Stewart (and enjoy a little indulgence) while maintaining your status as a MENSA member by outsmarting your temptation.

You're welcome. :)


I linked up with Home Stories A2Z

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground