Dressing Room Sweats

Monday, August 29, 2011

I am rebelling.  "It is not 105 degrees outside" - the mantra I repeat stubbornly over and over again.  Inside my house it's cool and crisp.  I snuggle with a blanket on the sofa and drink hot green tea.  I smell a pumpkin crisp baking in the oven.  All is well with the world...

Last week I went w/ my bff (sorry I still haven't had her on here yet) to the new H&M here in Dallas.  Cute/inexpensive fall clothes everywhere! I expected to leave with full bags and a spring in my autumnal-clad step. Something internally snapped however that would not allow me said bliss.  It occurred when I was in the dressing room...sweating while trying to slip on a jacket {or was it a sweater dress?}. I looked into the mirror with disappointed horror. I just couldn't do it.

Well, that's not entirely true.  While I did put back most of the adorable jackets, blazers, sweaters, and dresses...I still kept one.  "Hope is a thing with feathers" {shout out E.D.}



Peter Pan collar in front...
Buttons down the back...
{and I still take a terrible picture. haha}


I had to bring it home w/ me.
Summer, your days are numbered.

With this same spirit of what I term "responsible rebelliousness," I marched right into Anthropologie and bought one my favorite fall candles. Heat be gone!!


Baltic Amber from Voluspa Candles
I swoon.


Have you smelled these candles?  They are the BEST!!  Let it be known that I am a frugalista (new word, yep) but I willingly and gladly pay the $18 for these bad boys.  They. Are. Worth. It.

I was visiting with a friend the other day and we were talking about what candle snobs we are. Interestingly though we discovered that neither one of us have lit any of our candles this summer.  Why is that?  I'm still not sure, but for some reason candles tend to remind me of fall and winter. Maybe it's because that's how I grew up.  I don't remember candles in our home any other time of year.  That's not to say my mom didn't have them...actually I'm almost positive she did. But I have powerful scent memories that cause me to almost crave candles during the colder months. 

And yes, I brought my candle home and struck a match.  Fall was present for a few hours.


What about you?  Are you a candle person?  What are your favorite scents or brands?  Do you burn candles year-round of primarily in certain seasons?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground