The Big Apple

Tuesday, August 30, 2011



Come October 21st I will be taking my first bite out of the Big Apple.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.  I'm originally from a small town...minuscule in fact. The town's population was 610.
{Yes, you read that correctly.}

I currently live in the suburbs of a big city but it's still nothing compared to NYC. 
Despite the fact that I've traveled overseas numerous times and even braved a week alone in London there's something about New York that scares me infinitely more.  
I'm beyond intimidated. 
Fortunately I'm heading on this long weekend adventure with two of my best buds, Ania and Megan.  We're also meeting up with another bb from high school (now currently a big shot Dr. in NYC), Sophie. 

Here's where you come in.
I need some guidance and/or direction.
We're staying in Midtown Manhattan near Chelsea at a new boutique hotel but are clueless (read: overwhelmed) about what to do with out limited time.
{We arrive on a Friday morning and leave Sunday night.}

So help a girl out:
Have you been there?
If so, what should we do?
What are the must-sees?
Any secret NYC tips or need-to-knows?


I'm desperate y'all.
This Texas girl is afraid she's gonna get eaten alive in the city.

H.E.L.P.


1 comment:

  1. I love NYC! I'm also from a teeny town. :) It's definitely a different way of life in those big cities, and I can't fathom actually living there, but it's fun to visit. We've only been a few times, but wandering through Times Square is a fun way to get in the middle of things; you can browse the big stores there without actually spending any money. Sometimes the Hershey store in TS is giving out free samples, too. :)

    Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is fun--again, free, and fall would be an awesome time to do that since it's not too hot or too cold.

    We also like going to see Broadway shows, but that's because we're musical theater nerds. :) Wicked is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground