Adventures in Acryllic

Friday, August 12, 2011

So remember a few weeks ago when I showed you my chevron inspired drip painting?  I intended to put it over the mantel, but after sitting with it for some time I decided it was a better fit in my "office"... or creative room or reading room...(read: still not done, still no direction; still no purpose).  sigh.

Today I decided to start work on another piece and, like any pseudo-artist, I busted out some Murder, She Wrote (really gets the creative juices flowing), set out my easel, and got to work.  I really had no idea what I wanted to paint today.  I first started layering colors with my pallet knife and then began experimenting with my 1.5 inch flat brush.  *Disclaimer to all real artists out there: I'm not one.  I just like to play. Don't judge harshly.*
 Here's what I came up with:

What do you think?

Vertical...



 Here's a close-up...





OR....


Horizontal...




Another close-up...




I think I prefer the horizontal.


I just realized that I cropped the photo weird. 
The gray wall color and the painting seem to blend together.  My apologies. 
I need a tutor...and maybe a new camera...
{yes, I blame some of this on a faulty machine.}



Happy Friday!!  See you Monday with some more [gasp] outfit posts scheduled for next week!

1 comment:

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground