Guernsey, Muscles, and a Garage Sale Update

Monday, July 25, 2011

1.  Guernsey - I heard about a book with a long and strange title.  It arrived Thursday at 4pm. It was finished Friday at 2pm.  Please read it.  It's a book for people who enjoy books. I hurt, laughed, and felt immediate dissatisfaction when I turned that final page.  (Why did it have to end?)  This book is a pleasure and the ideal summer read.  {Oh, and it's written all in letters.}




2.  Muscles - Today was arm day at the gym. I can scarcely type I'm so wobbly and weak. {It feels so good.} Here's what I did:

~ Abs (I do abs almost every day so I don't count them as a "day") -
100 Exercise Ball Situps (50 cross/50 regular)
Oblique Dumbell Sidebends (google if you don't know what this is.) - 3 sets of 15...per side

~ Arms -
Dumbell Curls - 3 sets of 10-15 (all of these w/ heavy-but-not-impossible weight)
Lying Dumbell Hammer Extension - 3 sets of 12
One Arm Row - 3 sets of 10
Rear Delt Flys - 3 sets of 12
Hammer Curls - 3 sets of 15
Tricep Dips - 3 sets of 15

~ Cardio -
Short on time so I did a quick 10 min HIIT workout (or high intensity interval training...for more info on that and other great fitness tips check out Katy's blog...she's the fitness woman...fo real...yes, I just got gangsta. A fact made all the more hysterical if you actually know me.)


3. Garage Sale Update -
Can we say heatstroke? Wow. It was HOT y'all.  But all in all the garage sale went off without a hitch.  I made $185.  Not exactly what I'd hoped but I can't complain.  Plus, the company was fantastic.  Still no decision on the new couch though.  We'll see how it goes. I'm a careful shopper...sometimes too careful.  The living room hasn't changed much since my last update.  I hope to make some decisions in the next week or two and will share them with you when I have something worthwhile to divulge. :)







2 comments:

  1. In terms of abdominal exercise for beginners and intermediates, being able to construct muscle faster is actually a must. Too quite a few men are jumping about from tip to tip in hopes that 1 will stick. Making use of a search engines makes it even a lot more frustrating, due to the fact thousands of results pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on p.127 on Guernsey when I had to return it to the library....I have to go check it out again! I was really enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground