Things I Love

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oprah's not the only one who has favorite things.
My current list is ever changing/evolving but I thought it would be fun to share what items are at the top right now.

Here. we. go.






I found this stuff in college and loved its amazing smell {but hated the stupid name...why does everything have to be sexy, hot, or sensual...it's shampoo for goodness sake! Stepping off the soapbox now}.  The lovely scent stays for a long, LONG time in your hair.  It's like wearing perfume without really wearing any at all.  It's subtle, soft and sweet but not in a sugary make-you-barf kinda way.  It's perfect.  Trust me.  Or at least that's how it used to be.  I haven't bought any in quite some time so let's hope they haven't changed the formula. {I should probably test things out before I recommend them}.

Thanks Victoria's Secret



I could probably do a month-long rant entirely dedicated to my love of loungewear.  Seriously, I'm a comfort girl.  Sure I wanna look cute too but I won't suffer for beauty.  Plus, if I was being completely honest, I don't think the gussied-up/primptastic look is better.  I like a natural, normal; real aesthetic.  And nothing says real like sweatpants!!  Ok, well maybe those things have had their day {I still wear 'em at home though...shhhh}, but sweatpant material...oh no, that's sticking around.  This long shirt is perfect.  I would wear it everyday.  Imagine it with worn jeans and a cute necklace or black skinny jeans and flats.  comfortable and cute. 




I'm the cardi queen.  I have cardigans in every color and shape and am always on the lookout for more.  Husband often wonders why I feel the need to have so many but I often remind him 1) I'm always cold so they come in handy indoors or out 2) they are easy and versatile and 3) I like them...so back off bub. Just kidding. 



I {also} love chemises.  These little dresses are not only comfy and pretty for hanging out at home, but they're also versatile and can easily be jazzed up for going out {picnic anyone?}

Thanks Anthropologie



Yes, Burt's Bees is the bee's knees, if you please. And guess what?  They just came out with a new product!Hello tinted lip balm. 
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times but I really am not your typical product junkie girl.  I have one lip product (well actually now two), one mascara, one blush, one eyeliner...I think you get the picture.   Why get another?  This perfect lip balm protects my lips perfectly {like all Burt's Bees} but this time it also packs some color in.  It's not overwhelming/where'd-my-lips-go color though...it's natural lip color.    I found the perfect shade...seriously it's like my exact natural lip color.  This stuff is wonderful. 

Thanks Burt's Bees




Organic cleaning meet J.R. Watkins.  Ok, now before I begin I should say that I use a variety of natural cleaning (sometimes even making my own).  Some of the cleaners I use though have terrible smells that I can't really get over (which is why I seem to change brands a lot).  J.R. Watkins, however, has the best smell of them all.  {I have the nose of a bloodhound so smell is very important to me.} 

Thanks J.R. Watkins


The UK. {photo from our 2009 trip} 
enough said. 





What's on your favorite things list??


1 comment:

  1. i love that so sexy shampoo and conditioner, too. i actually used it this morning! trust me- it still smells as miraculous as you remember. it's pricy, but it's fun to get for presents! i think presents are on my favorite things list haha!

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground