I Saw the Stars

Monday, April 18, 2011

We had a blast with our friends on a mini-vacay the weekend before last.  We wanted to be intentional with our time aiming for a fun, relaxing, and Christ-centered weekend.  I think we achieved just that.

The cabin we stayed in was gorgeous!  Historically the word cabin would have brought to mind smelly mothballs and dusty furniture, but not this place - it was nicer than most of our homes!  This 4 bedroom, 4 bath house had a huge wrap around porch, dirt bikes, four-wheelers, a loft with a ping-pong table, huge river rock fireplace; granite everywhere.  Amazing!!!

Here are some pictures from our weekend adventure in the woods.


water lilies on the lake


 view from our fishing spot across the lake to the dock


 Lindsey and Derek (she has a great blog...check her out!)


Receiving education on the mechanics of pistol shooting.


Whose loving the high school cross-country t-shirt and old yucky jeans look?
{don't judge.}


Four-wheeling - the men haul off a large tree that was on our trail. 



Yea, we went up that.  {Ok, so Angela and I got out and walked...our husbands drove up}.


 The living room.
Wish I would have thought to get a picture of the gorgeous kitchen w/ granite and river rock.  You'll just have to use your imagination. :)


 The upstairs bedroom where we stayed.  Had a great en suite bathroom too.



Our friends.  
(l to r - Josh & Brittany, Louisa, Bear, & baby Chloe, Lindsey & Derek, Me & D; Angela & Craig) 



Ahhh, memories. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith! My name is Joni Anderle, I found you off of tatertots and jello for your pie pops, but I got to your blog and realized I knew you!! (I recognized your CC shirt!!) My dad coached in lindsay (erwin)!! What a small world! Cute blog!

    www.anderlefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground