Those Greeks

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Greece is one of my favorite places on earth.  I could spend forever talking about the amazing time we had there a few years back...but that's not what this post is about.  Nu uh. 

I will henceforth live under the assumption that everyone else also knows how awesome Greece is (and the culture, history, people, language, etc.) so no one will be surprised to find out about another Greek gift to mankind: hello Greek yogurt.  This little treat is a star in my fridge.  It's super versatile and can be eaten cooked or uncooked, savory or sweet.  [I prefer it cooked but that's just because I really have a hard time with the texture of yogurt...any yogurt {picky eater}].  Also, Greek yogurt has twice the protein but less carbs, sodium, and sugar than regular yogurt. You can also substitute it for sour cream, mayo, heavy cream, and cream cheese (to name a few).  The benefits of this little treat totally out whey the rest. {Get it? Haha.}

I'm sure many of you are already on the Greek yogurt ship-of-awesomeness, but just in case you aren't here are a few of my favorite brands...go try them.



 
Oikos



Voskos



Fage


*I always buy organic dairy.*


So do you eat Greek yogurt?  If so how do you like it best?  What are your favorite brands?

Thank you Greece.  We love you. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I eat Greek yogurt (almost) every day. It's amazing!! My favorite is Fage Peach and Fage Cherry. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just tried chobani blueberry. it was really good! we also put plain in any recipes that require sour cream (like your enchiladas!!) so it's way more nutritional.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground