Shower Curtain + Bookcase = ??

Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, friends I'm not an adventurous lady.  Nope, not so much.  But today I'm doing things a little unconventionally.  Ready? 

Here's my semi-custom storage solution brought to you courtesy of an inexpensive bookcase and shower curtain.  {Hello office!}



D put together the cheapo white bookcase from Target {leaving the back facing up and exposed}.  Then I took a fabric shower curtain and began to staple the curtain flush against the bookcase {print facing down}. 




Continued.




The length of the shower curtain was perfect and the finished edges fit perfectly on 3 of the 4 sides.  I used some small scissors to trim the excess fabric on one side {make sure you get it flush w/ the edge...no sticking out}.




{Nail cardboard backing behind shower curtain layer....stand-up....and...}  Ta-da!
Ok, not the best picture...and all the shelves aren't in yet...but not too shabby eh?  {Yep, I'm Canadian.}





Close-up.




Can't wait to show you the finished finished product in the office once it's done.  When will that be you ask?  Well no one knows...least of all me...but I'm making progress.  Slowly but surely.



Shower curtains aren't just for bathrooms anymore.
{Risk-taker}

7 comments:

  1. I love the pattern on that curtain! So much better than the cardboard back that comes with those bookcases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great, i wish i had seen this before i threw my old shower curtain out

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely. I am in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! My daughter has a cheap bookshelf like this in her son's nursery...I never thought about using a shower curtain to jazz it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to fancy up a stock bookshelf. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is defiantly something I haven't seen before very creative, I'm your newest follower and would love it if you would link this up for my first link party tomorrow. http://www.mysimplehomelife.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You're RIGHT...definitely not too shabby 'eh!?

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground