Chicken Pot-Pie {The Fast Version}

Monday, March 21, 2011

Work has been soooo busy I've gotten behind here {my apologies} but I have so much in store for this week!  Lots of updating to do...let's hope I'm able to get to it all.  I know you're all waiting with baited breath.  ;)

Another quick recipe today. I also got this one from Real Simple {found it clipped in the back of one of my notebooks which probably means it's spent years in hiding.}

Below is my adaptation.



Here's what you need:

1 frozen puff pastry sheet



The recipe calls for 2 cans corn chowder...{but I prefer Wolfie and his dumplings.}




1 bag Birdseye frozen mixed veggies




1 rotisserie chicken, shredded *NO skin*





What To Do:
Now I forgot to thaw the puff pastry and didn't have 40 minutes to wait so I put the frozen dough in a casserole dish and then put the casserole dish in the sink with about 2-3 inches of hot water in the bottom. 
Thaw time: 10 minutes (turn once).




In a large bowl mix the soup, shredded chicken, veggies, kosher salt and pepper {oh yea, you'll need about a tsp of each (to taste)}. 




Put the chicken mixture in a square 8x8 baking dish




Cover with the unfolded pastry and cut holes for venting.





I left the corners folded over just like this but some people cut it off...






Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes until browned nicely.



Yum. 

1 comment:

  1. How fantastic! I love Chicken Pot Pie and I most certainly love fast! Thanks for linking up :).

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground