Snow Days = Make-the-Most Days

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Last week was epic for the DFW area and no I'm not talking about all the celebrity brouhaha via the Super Bowl either.  Our friendly northern neighbor decided to share some of her wintry love with us...(thanks, eh).  Dallas came to a stand-still (a screeching, grindling, snow-dumped-all-over-you kinda stand-still)... and I didn't leave my house for 5 days. Can we say cabin fever?  

Day 1: Fun! Yippee...no work! Cuddling, movies, hot tea, jammies all day; beautiful snow/ice storm outside.
Day 2: Ok, wow...still 3 inches of ice outside. Well, hmm...I guess I'll just clean a little and then maybe bake.  I'll find plenty to do...it's still fun!
Day 3: Rolling black-outs...not fun.  Sporadic heat, tv, internet; and I have got to do something/anything besides read in this chair (gosh, did I really say that!)
Day 4: Husband points to my stash of old magazines...there's something to do. Man, I've ear-marked a lot of pages in these things.  I should probably look at them to see if there's anything worth keeping.  That's gonna take forever...
Day 5: Inspiration anew?!!  Oh and...I'm never gonna see the sun again.  I'm pretty sure of it. 

So, in a nutshell, that's what happened. My winter prison imbued me with inspiration.  Inspiration regarding things I'd always loved and enjoyed, but for which I'd neglected and shunned.  Good things that bring joy and stir my affections.  Good things that bring life and encourage the soul.  And this is the place I wanted to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground