My no-fuss approach to getting ready is not because I have excellent genetics or a flawless appearance...I think it's mostly because I'm too lazy to work that hard for something so transient. I want people to see me...not a mirage or a distraction. And, as I've mentioned on my other (more serious) blog, I'm learning to let go of who I wish I was. That is freeing.
So without further ado here are my daily face staples.
- Cetaphil: daily cleanser. I love this product because it's super gentle and mild. It doesn't have an overwhelming scent or leave any goopy residue behind. It's simple and perfect for my skin/all skin.
- Olay: daily moisturizer with SPF. Women of all ages should use moisturizer. It doesn't matter what type of skin you have...use one! And use one with SPF for goodness sake! I have worn this stuff since my teens. My super fair skin needs all the extra protection it can get. I love this product because it's lightweight, non-greasy and keeps my skin hydrated and protected.
- Origins: Youthtopia. Yep, I'm 27 and I wear eye cream. I put this product on at night...just a few dabs around my eye area and that's all. This is another product I think all women should wear. (Don't start w/ the eye cream when you're 50 ladies.) Plus I love ALL Origins products. True they're a little pricey but they last forever and the quality is worth it.
- Origins:Spot Corrector. This isn't a product I use daily but when a spot pops up this tiny little bottle is a miracle-worker. Just dab a tiny bit on a blemish and within hours watch it completely disappear.
These are my make-up staples. Overwhelmed by the quantity? I know...I'm a product junkie.
- Origins: Pressed Powder. Can't say enough about Origins products. Their powder is no exception. It's lightweight (I don't ever want to feel like I have stuff on my face...natural/normal is my aesthetic) but covers flawlessly. It's the perfect powder.
- Benefit: Dandelion Blush. This blush is the perfect shade for me - a barely-there-pink. This is the only blush I have bought in 6 years (not this exact blush...but the brand...yea, that would be gross).
- Maybelline: Lash Discovery Mascara. I, like every other female in the country, am always on the look-out for the perfect mascara. This is as close as I've come. I don't like thick, hard; un-natural looking lashes and this stuff does what I want perfectly. It defines and lengthens while still maintaining a very healthy/normal look and feel (not tarantula eyes). I've tried tons of expensive mascaras that don't work half as good as this tiny tube and brush.
- Burt's Bees: Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. Who doesn't love Burt's Bees? Man, this stuff is amazing. I want a natural, barely-there look to my lips and this stuff delivers. It has a tinted rosy hue to it that ever-so-subtly accentuates the natural color of my own lips. I can't say enough about Burt and his bees...go try it yourself and you'll see.
- Benefit: Black Eye-liner. I'm not really a big eye-liner/eye-make-up kinda girl...too much fuss...but I do wear this eye-liner several times a week.I only line my bottom lash line and I can't even tell you why. I just like it better and think it looks more natural (notice a trend here?).
- Bare Minerals: Vanilla Eye-Shadow. I don't always wear eye-shadow but if I do it'll be a soft, natural color that closely resembles the natural shade of my eye-lid. This vanilla color is great for daily wear. If there's a super special occasion (and I mean super, duper special) I might break out my other bare minerals eye-colors (thanks Mom!) But that's rare.