My Daily Face

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When it comes to getting ready I'm probably not your ordinary girl.  I don't need 20-30+ minutes to do my hair and make-up.  Gosh I don't know what I'd spend all that time doing?  It takes me 5 minutes...literally.  Just ask my hubby.  Typically it is I who stand at the door hollering at him to see if he's ready...and he's a dude...not a primpy one either.

My no-fuss approach to getting ready is not because I have excellent genetics or a flawless appearance...I think it's mostly because I'm too lazy to work that hard for something so transient.  I want people to see me...not a mirage or a distraction.  And, as I've mentioned on my other (more serious) blog, I'm learning to let go of who I wish I was.  That is freeing.

So without further ado here are my daily face staples.  

  1. Cetaphil: daily cleanser.  I love this product because it's super gentle and mild.  It doesn't have an overwhelming scent or leave any goopy residue behind.  It's simple and perfect for my skin/all skin.
  2. Olay: daily moisturizer with SPF. Women of all ages should use moisturizer.  It doesn't matter what type of skin you have...use one!  And use one with SPF for goodness sake!  I have worn this stuff since my teens.  My super fair skin needs all the extra protection it can get.  I love this product because it's lightweight, non-greasy and keeps my skin hydrated and protected.
  3. Origins: Youthtopia. Yep, I'm 27 and I wear eye cream.  I put this product on at night...just a few dabs around my eye area and that's all.  This is another product I think all women should wear.  (Don't start w/ the eye cream when you're 50 ladies.) Plus I love ALL Origins products.  True they're a little pricey but they last forever and the quality is worth it.  
  4. Origins:Spot Corrector.  This isn't a product I use daily but when a spot pops up this tiny little bottle is a miracle-worker.  Just dab a tiny bit on a blemish and within hours watch it completely disappear.     


These are my make-up staples.  Overwhelmed by the quantity?  I know...I'm a product junkie.
  1. Origins: Pressed Powder.  Can't say enough about Origins products.  Their powder is no exception.  It's lightweight (I don't ever want to feel like I have stuff on my face...natural/normal is my aesthetic) but covers flawlessly.  It's the perfect powder.
  2. Benefit: Dandelion Blush.  This blush is the perfect shade for me - a barely-there-pink.  This is the only blush I have bought in 6 years (not this exact blush...but the brand...yea, that would be gross). 
  3. Maybelline: Lash Discovery Mascara. I, like every other female in the country, am always on the look-out for the perfect mascara. This is as close as I've come. I don't like thick, hard; un-natural looking lashes and this stuff does what I want perfectly. It defines and lengthens while still maintaining a very healthy/normal look and feel (not tarantula eyes). I've tried tons of expensive mascaras that don't work half as good as this tiny tube and brush.
  4. Burt's Bees: Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. Who doesn't love Burt's Bees?  Man, this stuff is amazing.  I want a natural, barely-there look to my lips and this stuff delivers.  It has a tinted rosy hue to it that ever-so-subtly accentuates the natural color of my own lips.  I can't say enough about Burt and his bees...go try it yourself and you'll see.
Things I rarely wear but should still be mentioned:
  1. Benefit: Black Eye-liner. I'm not really a big eye-liner/eye-make-up kinda girl...too much fuss...but I do wear this eye-liner several times a week.I only line my bottom lash line and I can't even tell you why. I just like it better and think it looks more natural (notice a trend here?).
  2. Bare Minerals: Vanilla Eye-Shadow. I don't always wear eye-shadow but if I do it'll be a soft, natural color that closely resembles the natural shade of my eye-lid. This vanilla color is great for daily wear. If there's a super special occasion (and I mean super, duper special) I might break out my other bare minerals eye-colors (thanks Mom!) But that's rare.

2 comments:

  1. you're a funny girl, miss tons-of-products. i use oil of olay too! p.s. i miss you. i'm glad we didn't reschedule for a third time this week because we'd have had to cancel AGAIN. also, i dreamed about you last night but i don't remember anything about the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too! This weather is a mess! Let's try for a fourth time soon though...I might go through withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground