Key Lime Pie
- 1 (14oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute (I used Egg Beaters)
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice *Do not use bottled lime use. It doesn't compare to the fresh. I used about 18 key limes to = 1/2 cup*
- 1 reduced-fat, ready-made graham cracker crust (You can also make your own which is what I normally do, but for time and convenience sake this was a good option)
- 1 (8oz) container fat-free Cool Whip (I would have preferred to make my own whipped cream but this was hubby's preference so I conceded, plus real whipped cream isn't fat-free)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Whisk together first 3 ingredients until well blended. Pour mixture into pie crust; place pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 17 minutes or until pie is set. Remove pie from baking sheet to wire rack and let pie cool completely (about 1 hr)
- Chill 3 to 24 hours. Topped with whipped topping just before serving and garnish with fresh lime zest if desired.
Please ignore the left-over Christmas paper plate. We're still trying to use them up. Waste not, want not.